Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 2000 09:27:26 -0400
From:      "John Straiton" <jks@clickcom.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FW: Spontaneous Reboot problem

Ok, as a follow up here's what else I have done:

Replaced the case & powersupply
replaced both NIC's with a spare, individually with a Linksys I had spare.

So with the exception of the HD and the data on it, EVERYTHING in the
machine has been swapped out. So I guess we're left with it actually being a
software issue. Here's more information about the panics:

They are all of trap 18, and are caused by seemingly ANY network process. By
that I mean if you FTP , SSH, Telnet or use Samba to the machine, they ALL
cause the machine to panic within 60 seconds of connections. All those
services fail as well. For example, if you FTP to the machine you get the
Connect, but no data, no welcome msg, nothing. Then within a minute, the
machine panics.

Now I would have thought that a buildworld would have fixed that but I guess
not since it's still doing it.  Any last suggestions before I have to
format/reinstall?

John Straiton
ClickCom, Inc.
jks@clickcom.com