Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 23:27:57 +1300
From:      kit <kit@hypostasis.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Netgraph, PPPoE, 3Com pppoe discovery

Hi

I've become aware that the 3Com ADSL Dual Link Modem uses a proprietary
pppoe discovery and session packet with the value 0x3c12 and 0x3c13
respectively.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,367540;root=equip,16;mode=flat

What are the likely consequences of modifying the netgraph
ng_pppoe.h to reflect these values apart from having it then speak
3Com's flavour as a server as well?

My feeling was that it would work but I've got to find the modem to
try.  I see that the rp-pppoe from roaring penguin will take the values
as a parameter for this and/or other variations on the theme, and I it
seems to do its thing in a similar way.

any suggestions apprecitated

--kit