Date:      Sun, 01 Apr 2001 11:29:03 -0400
From:      "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
To:        "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux 2.2.18 vs. FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE

On Sunday, April 01, 2001 16:52:13 +0200, "Hartmann, O."
<ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de> wrote:
+-----
| 10:30 am they came and prepared for the installation. 19:00 in the
| evening they were not ready with installation after several hardware
| changes, tricks, new kernels and other twaekings ... SuSe Linux 7.1
| wasn't able to occuppy this machine although the professionals accused
+--->8

As much as I prefer FreeBSD over Linux, I think you have more proof of
moron "installers" there; we have both FreeBSD and SuSE Linux (and I
personally support the latter, including 7.1), and neither has any such
problems in my experience.  Both support mostly the same hardware.

(SuSE and Debian go a long way toward making Linux tolerable, if not the
quality OS that FreeBSD is.)

--
brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]   allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator        [WAY too many hats]         allbery@ece.cmu.edu