Date:      Sun, 12 Jul 1998 16:19:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      gbh@clark.net
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installation hangs

I'm having trouble installing FreeBSD 2.2.6.
I'm using a CD with a boot floppy. When I
boot the floppy, I select and save the drivers,
the screen then blanks, it reads from the
floppy, checks the disks and printer on the
parallel port, then hangs with the blank screen.
I've waited about 10 minutes before aborting
the installation.

I have an NCR53c815 PCI scsi card and an
Intel EtherExpress Pro 10+ ISA ethernet
card. I thought maybe the machine was
looking for the network, but I've tried
installing with and without the ethernet
driver loaded, and with and without the
machine connected to the network.

Any ideas on how to get the installation
going?

--Greg