Date:      Sat, 28 Aug 2010 01:36:22 +0000
From:      Alexander Best <arundel@freebsd.org>
To:        Jim Bryant <kc5vdj.freebsd@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tiny ukbd num lock issue

On Fri Aug 27 10, Alexander Best wrote:
> On Thu Aug 26 10, Jim Bryant wrote:
> > oh freaking wow!!!
> >
> > this just got weirder!!!
>
> just found PR 139144. maybe that's the cause for the problem? are you loading a
> a specific keymap?
>
> i'm using german.iso
>
> cheers.
> alex
>

> > i haven't had the two-press thing again, but since you listed the status
> > of the keys themselves, i decided to check just now...
> >
> > numlock off = numbers
> > numlock on = cursor pad
> >
> > we have two different behaviors here.  please double check yours just in
> > case.  i just double-checked, my keypad is operating opposite the way it
> > should be.
> >
> > motherboard: intel dq45ek, most recent bios (mid august), numlock
> > defaults to on in bios cmos setting.
> >
> > just in case, i double-checked, my external keypad is hooked up to the
> > laptop, not this - no conflicts there.
> >
> > xorg is configured or default behavior, as is kde4.
> >
> > this might be a xorg or kde issue.  i just checked syscons.  normal
> > behavior there.  nums only when numlock is on.

ok. i did some tests and it seems this is indeed an xorg problen. i couldn't
reproduce this on the console. i think this is an issue with hal. because i
also noticed that if i unplug my keyboard or mouse and plug it in again it
won't work properly under xorg (some keys don't work anymore). what i need to
do is switch to the console using ctrl+alt+[1-9] and then switch back to xorg
again. after that everything's back to normal.

so this not an usb issue it seems but related to xorg (most likely hal).

cheers.
alex

--
a13x