Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2000 23:40:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        Kevin Greenidge <kevin@kaginginc.com>
Cc:        "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: KDE for regular users

I'm guessing that if you installed KDE in the normal way, you won't have
to mess with permissions.  Try editing the .xinitrc file to have only the
line:
startkde

or create the file like that.  Then when the user types startx it will
start kde by default.
	If you'd rather leave fvwm as default, you can just type startkde
to get into kde, leave the .xinitrc file alone and type startx to get
fvwm.
	If you've already tried this let us know.

						Tim