Date:      Thu, 29 Dec 1994 11:44:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, install@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: It's time to release.. The worms! Hahahahaha!

I have two comments.  Understand that I think the install is so improved
that there's no comparison with the older one, so this isn't criticism.

First, regarding install via ftp.  It would be nice if you could enter
all the distributions you wanted at one time.  I know there are those who
have disk space limitations, who couldn't do that, but it would be a
convenience to those of us who could.

Second, I had to abort the end of the installation because of a funny
bug, where I lost contact with my other machine.  I probably caused that
myself, because I didn't (at that time) have the nameserver on the other
machine working right.  Maybe that wasn't the reason, but it refused to
recognize the other machine after the first successful ftp.  The point is,
I had to abort to end a forever loop, and didn't get the installation to
do all the nice things at the end, like set passwords and machine name,
and whatever else I've missed.  There isn't a way to get back to that
point, that I could see from the interface.  If there's a way, I guess it
should go in the tutorial, else a way should be opened so that the last
steps *only* can be done.

Thanks, I hope this is a help.

7608 Topton St.             |
New Carrollton, MD 20784    | I run Journey2 (Freebsd 2.0) and n3lxx
(301) 459-2316              | (FreeBSD 1.1.5.1) and am I happy!