Date:      Mon, 24 Sep 2007 16:38:54 +0200
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmal + cyrus imap + ckuser

Matthew Seaman ha scritto:

> This isn't really a question for freebsd-ports, but...

Sorry! I thought that, since ckuser is not part of sendmail or
cyrusimap, but is in the sendmail port, this would possibly be a good
place. Where should I post instead?

> The way to do this is to configure the cyrus smmapd to listen on
> a network port -- something like this in /usr/local/etc/cyrus.conf
>
>   # Sendmail socket map daemon
>   smmapd        cmd="smmapd"    listen="192.168.1.1:smmap"       prefork=1
>   smmapdunix    cmd="smmapd"    listen="/var/imap/socket/smmapd" prefork=1

This I've already done.

> Then you can tell your 2ary sendmails to use that to check for
> mailbox existence and quota availability -- in /etc/mail/`hostname`.mc:
>
> FEATURE(`ckuser_cyrus', `inet:smmap@your.mail.server')dnl

Did this too; first time I restarted sendmail, I read:

sm-mta: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): No local mailer defined
sm-mta: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): QueueDirectory (Q) option must be set

I checked everything again and restarted; now I get no errors, but the
above line does nothing; everything still works as before with incoming
mail accepted and forwarded to the primary MX, then bounced back.

> Oh, and I'd be wary of exposing the smmapd port on the internet:
> either arrange for your 1ary and 2ary mailers to have a private
> back-end network they can communicate on

This is my case.

> Making your 2ary machines speak LMTP to cyrus on your mail box server
> involves very similar tweaks. You'll need something like this in your
> .mc file:
>
> define(`confLOCAL_MAILER', `cyrusv2')dnl
> define(`CYRUSV2_MAILER_ARGS', `TCP your.mail.server lmtp')dnl

I'll try this, if I can't get the above to work.

  bye & Thanks
	av.