Date:      Fri, 26 Aug 2005 23:26:00 +0200
From:      Maarten Sanders <maarfree@xs4all.nl>
To:        freeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Spontaneous reboot

Hi,

I just experienced a spontaneous reboot. I was fiddling a bit with
ossctl (that comes with opensound, commercial license), had finished
this (start sound with soundon) and started skype as a normal user.
Skype stalled and the next thing I saw was a black screen and a
reboot...

Below some info, anyone interested in more please le me know.

$ uname -a

FreeBSD maarten 5.4-RELEASE-p1 FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p1 #10: Mon Aug 22
11:26:23 CEST 2005     maarten@maarten:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MAARTEN2
i386

A part of dmesg output:

Softoss: Audio device #7 is write only
Softoss: Audio device #8 is write only
Softoss: Audio device #9 is write only
Softoss: Audio device #2 is write only
Softoss: Audio device #3 is write only
Softoss: Audio device #4 is write only
Softoss: Audio device #5 is write only
Softoss: Audio device #6 is write only
Softoss: Audio device #7 is write only
Softoss: Audio device #8 is write only
Softoss: Audio device #9 is write only
oss: Audio input 0 doesn't get filled.
0 / 1
oss: Probing the hardware for OSS Virtual Mixer Pro failed.

fault virtual address   = 0xc4549450
fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xc2815059
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xe33b9cd8
frame pointer           = 0x10:0xe33b9d10
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 32 (irq22: oss)
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault
Uptime: 45m34s
Cannot dump. No dump device defined.
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort
Rebooting...
Copyright (c) 1992-2005 The FreeBSD Project.