Date:      Sun, 29 Mar 1998 23:44:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: TWAIN/Mustek Scanner?

In localhost.freebsd.questions you write:

>Just want to update my knowledge about availability of TWAIN/Mustek
>scanner drivers for FreeBSD.

TWAIN doesn't work on FreeBSD AFAIK, but Musteks may, via SANE.  Try:

	http://www.mostang.com/sane/

>Can I connect my Mustek Paragon 600 flat bed scanner to my
>ncr/SCSI controller and scan pictures in one or the other way.

Probably, see above.

>E.g. using ImageMagick or Gimp?

GIMP is supported by SANE, as well as other standalone apps.  If 0.7x
doesn't work for you, try dropping back to 0.67 or so.

--
bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/