Date:      Mon, 18 Nov 1996 22:34:11 -0600
From:      Chris Csanady <ccsanady@friley216.res.iastate.edu>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: vnode_pager_input: I/O read error (2.1.5)

>As Chris Csanady wrote:
>
>> Here are the error messages that are repeated thousands of times:
>>
>> Oct 16 11:04:09 d /kernel: vnode_pager_input: I/O read error
>> Oct 16 11:04:09 d /kernel: vm_fault: pager input (probably hardware) error,
PID
>> 2531 failure
>
>``Probably hardware error.''
>
>(I think the only other case where this is known to happens is vnode
>pager input from NFS, e.g. if the NFS server for a running executable
>dropped away.)

Well, if it is losing contact with the NFS server, then this is a problem
as well. :-)  Anyone know why this might happen?

Actually, on my current(3.0) machine, it actually gives me a message about
losing contact with the nfs server.  Sometimes this is permanent (or seems to
be) until I reboot, but very rare.

Chris Csanady