Date:      Fri, 11 Dec 1998 20:01:34 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   correct way to correct a CVS boo-boo?

Something I've done by mistake a couple of times:

% cd /usr/src
% cvs -q checkout -r RELENG_2_2 src

This results in /usr/src/src. The question is how do I remove /usr/src/
src so a future "cvs -q update -P -d" in /usr/src doesn't complain about
it missing?

So far the best I've come up with is to grep for it in /usr/src/CVS/*
then brute force delete the line(s) found.

"cvs remove src" complains. And I'm lost in the manpage for CVS. The
above checkout and update are the only two CVS commands I know.

Something I'd like to be able to do is checkout only /usr/src/{lkm,sys}
so in the future a single update in the /usr/src directory only does
those two.

I think a variation on the above would allow me to remove certain
sections of /usr/ports that I'll never use.