Date:      Mon, 07 Apr 1997 15:32:02 -0400
From:      Dave Alderman <dave@persprog.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pentuim or Pentuim Pro ?

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> I've read all the K6 specs AMD has up on their web site and I agree
> that it looks cooler-than-heck.  If they're under $1K, I'll buy one
> immediately to upgrade my P5 system.  However, I'm still going to wait
> until I see them on sale at Fry's Electronics (local computer supply
> bordello here in the valley) before I start factoring them into any
> of my decisions. ;-)

At http:/www.esc-ca.com the K6-200 is priced at $438.35 for qty. 1.
They also offer it on an Abit motherboard for $579 (all prices US).
Whether they really have them or not is another matter.  This is not an
endorsement - it's just the only place I've seen the raw processor for
sale.  Your P5 motherboard will need dual voltage CPU support (just like
the MMX Pentium's and 6x86L) and you will also need a recent BIOS (for
AWARD - newer than 03/01/97).  See http:/www.amd.com/k6 for details.

--
David W. Alderman	dave@persprog.com