Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 1998 16:30:06 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        "Ian O'Friel" <Genius@glasgow.crosswinds.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: QT Library Problems........

Okay...

> rest is between the other Os's. This FreeBSD box has two major diabilites,
> firstly It refuses point-blank to recognise my ATAPI CD (24x) and it also
> has a PCTel chipset modem which refuses to work on FreeBSD (Or anything
> apart from Win95 actually), So I have to manually copy files onto my DOS
> partition which is then mounted under FreeBSD.

(stupid Winmodems...)

If you have the DOS partition mounted w/ the source files there then do
the following:

	- move all the source files (kde stuff, bzip, qt etc) to the
	/usr/ports/distfiles (make it if you don't have it) - do NOT
	untar/zip the source files - the ports mechanism will take
	care of it

	- I assume you still have the ports directories you downloaded
	before somewhere.  If you do, untar/zip them into
	/usr/ports (these can basically go anywhere if you don't have
	the ports tree installed, but you may as well have them here)

	- su root

	- cd to the kde port directory (there should be one labelled just
	kde) and type "make install clean"

	- it should then find all the source files it needs in the
	/usr/ports/distfiles directory and proceed to make kde along
	with all of its dependencies

> So I need EXACT instructions of what files I need, where to put them,
> what to do with them, how to get the god-damn thing to work.........

Having followed this thread, if you'd been more specific about where you
had the source files and what you wanted to do we could have probably
solved this earlier.

Brett