Date:      Fri, 08 Dec 2000 15:55:58 -0600
From:      Jorge Biquez <jbiquez@icsmx.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Error Mounting.

Hello all.

I'm sorry to bug but I don't know what else to do.
I'm installing FreeBSD 3.2 (yes I know there are other versions but that's
the one I have been working without problems) on a new machine a Pentium
III 500 Mhz, 256 RAM, HD 10 GB. That machine was working with NT 4.0 for a
year without problems and finally I'm leaving the MS world step by step. I
decided to configure that machine with FreeBsd 3.2 so I FDISK the disk ,
erasing all partition, Fdisk /MBR and started the installation process.
No problems on creating slice and decide to leave the AUTO option for the
size of the volumes:

   40 Mb /
  501 Mb /Swap
   20 Mb /var
9207 Mb /usr

after chossing the distribution I want the system starts and after a few
second I receive the following message:

"Error Mounting /mnt/dev/wd01s1f on /mnt/usr: Invalid argument"

and the installation stops.

Any ideas of what's causing this?. I tried before the B(ad sector option
after creating the size of the volumes and got another error telling
something similar on that it couldn't mount the volume....

Thanks in advance for your help. My email in case you want to answer me
privately: jbiquez@icsmx.com

JB