Date:      Thu, 23 Jul 2009 09:04:15 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        "Lucian@lastdot.org" <lucian@lastdot.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to change default source address?

Lucian@lastdot.org wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I need to change the default source address on a freebsd server.
> My situation is somehow similar to this
> (http://marc.info/?l=freebsd-questions&m=122535960804508&w=2).
> In linux i can easily do it like:
>
> ip ro replace default via 10.10.10.1 src a.b.c.d (where a.b.c.d is em0 alias).
>
> Any ideas?

The source address used in most cases is the address of the
interface through which the packet will be exiting the system.

you MAY be able to do something with natd but anything you do there
would have limitations.

A diagram of your problem would help.. I had trouble visualizing
what is happening now and what you want to happen.