Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 2002 12:18:35 -0400
From:      Jerry A! <jerry@thehutt.org>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        bkarp@icsi.berkeley.edu, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sony SRX87: pcics and wi0 watchdog timeouts

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 09:40:14AM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: In message: <200207180100.g6I10Rf35934@carp.icir.org>
:             Brad Karp <bkarp@icsi.berkeley.edu> writes:
: : 4.6-RELEASE is usable on the Sony SRX87 now. But there are remaining
: : difficulties.
:
: If you are up for it, then you might try a 4.6-stable kernel on this
: machine with inter_path=2.  However, given that it complains about not
: being able to route interrupts, that's likely a good indication that
: this machine won't be usable until we finish the acpi interrupt
: routing code (and other resource allocation) in -current/5.0-RELEASE
: (when available later this year).

Warner makes a good point, it appears that all the newer VAIO's are
almost exclusively ACPI-centric.

However, you way want to try stuffing these bits into /etc/rc.conf and
see if you get anywhere.

pccard_mem="0xd4000" or pccard_mem="0xd8000"
pccardd_flags=" -i 10 -i 11"

I haven't seen any of the newer VAIO's work correctly with a memory
address of 0xd0000, so I explicitly set either 0xd4000 or 0xd8000 (both
seem to work equally well for me).  Also force to IRQs 10 & 11 only.
Otherwise, I think it may try to pick up IRQ 9, which is exactly what
you don't want since that's the shared PCI interrupt that Sony uses.

May the Force be with you (yeah, it's been a long day already).

        --Jerry

Open-Source software isn't a matter of life or death...
...It's much more important than that!