Date:      Sat, 27 May 2000 17:36:23 +0100
From:      "Mark Todd" <eeytmt@nottingham.ac.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Installation Problem

I am trying to install FreeBSD to run along side Windows NT. The installati=
on program appears to run without any problems, then informs me that it =
will reboot the computer. When the system comes on-line the below message =
is displayed. I am unable to find what to do next and would appreciate any =
help.

>> FreeBSD/i386      BOOT
Default: 0:ad(0,a)/kernel
boot:

No /kernel

>> FreeBSD/i386      BOOT
Default: 0:ad(0,a)/kernel
boot:

Possibly relevant system information:

IDE1 Primary:    6.8GB Maxtor HDD
IDE1 Secondary:  None
IDE2 Primary:    Mitsumi CR4801
IDE2 Secondary:  Panasonic 40x CD-ROM Drive

Processor:       Cyrix MII-300
Memory:          128MB PC-100
Video Card:      STB 128 (4MB)

The HDD drive contains three partitions: the first is an NTFS partition, =
the second is an extended partition(containing 4 partitions) and the third =
is the FreeBSD partition.