Date:      Sun, 03 Mar 1996 20:16:25 +0100
From:      Andreas Kohout <shanee@rabbit.augusta.de>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Some questions about compiling -current

Hello,

yesterday I comppiled -current again and there are some questions:

1. while playing an Sun/NeXT audio data (and sometimes else) there is an
output on the console: isa_dmastart: channel 1 busy

Is this normal?

2. while compiling there is an error at termcap:

ex - /usr/src/share/termcap/termcap.src < /usr/src/share/termcap/reorder

with an error. If I do the same on the shell than it works fine, a ´make
all install´ again run without errors.

3. at the beginning of make world the script changes the permission from
/var/mail. But myy smail need 1777 at /var/mail. Is there anything with my
smail?

rabbit:/root# ll /usr/local/bin/smail
-r-sr-xr-x  1 root  bin  241664 19 Dez 16:24 /usr/local/bin/smail*

4. When should I compile -current? Every SNAP-Release or earlier?

Thanks for your help ...

--
Gruß, Andy
                  Der Mensch hat die Atombombe erfunden,