Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 1999 23:49:16 -0500
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <fran@reyes.somos.net>
To:        "Konrad Heuer" <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>
Cc:        "FreeBSd Chat list" <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Newbies vanishing?

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999 20:51:26 +0100 (CET), Konrad Heuer wrote:

>Surely, freebsd-questions probably isn't the correct list where to mail
>this question to. I feel a little bit worried since - to my opinion - the
>number of newbie questions in this list decreases. Might be FreeBSD
>installation and operation has become more easy or the FAQ database has
>been improved very much, but might also be - and I fear that - the number
>of newbie installations doesn't grow anymore. Will Linux really kill us in
>the end?

This is really best for chat.
I think it is difficult to measure new installs.
It is also possible that there are just as many new people installing as before and that they are asking
less. You are also not taking in considerating the newsgroups. You would have to look at volume of newbie
questions there too.