Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2000 11:54:41 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        khairil adri <s09098@uitec.ac.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: about qmail

On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 01:33:55AM +0900, khairil adri wrote:
> hello everybody...
>
> i would like to ask about qmail.

You did not say what it was that you wanted to ask about qmail.  I'm
sure that whatever you wanted to ask, someone with more experience to
qmail will know to answer to your question(s).  But you have to ask
something first.

> does anyone knows about qmail ?

A lot of people on this list use qmail on one or more of their machines.
I use it on my home computer, on the workstation I usually work, on the
mail server of my company, etc.  So, the answer is 'yes, we know about
qmail'.

> i am a beginer in freebsd.
> hope you can help me to understand more about freebsd...

Welcome aboard :-)

FreeBSD is a nice OS to work with.  I hope you will enjoy installing it,
configuring the applications that you want to use, and using it to do
more productive stuff after this is finished.

As far as qmail is concerned now.  You can visit http://www.qmail.org/
and download the sources to the package.  You can install it from the
ports, by running (as root):

    # cd /usr/ports/mail/qmail
    # make
    # make install

When you're done, the web pages of qmail contain several nice add-ons
that you might find useful.  Any questions that you have about setting
qmail up to send and receive mail after that, you can ask either in the
qmail mailing-lists, or here.

Ciao.

- giorgos