Date:      Sun, 15 Jul 2001 22:13:42 -0400
From:      khayman <khayman@carolina.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   routing not working

Greetings all,

First time poster and newbie, so I apologize in advance for any
ignorance.

Here is my problem:  I have built a FreeBSD firewall with IPFilter based
on instructions by Marty Schlacter from www.schlacter.dyndns.org.  The
thing won't route tho.

My routing table looks like this:

Destination	Gateway		flags	refs	use	Netif	Expire
default		192.168.1.1	UGSc	0	3	de0
10.10.10/24	link#1		UC	1	0	dc0 =>
localhost	localhost	UH	0	0	lo0
192.168.1	link#2		UC	3	0	de0 =>

I have a linksys 4 port router/firewall outside the 192.x interface
which in turn connects to a cable modem.  The goal is to get rid of the
linksys and have the cbl modem come directly into the BSD firewall.

My rc.conf file looks like this:

gateway_enable="YES"
network_interfaces="de0 dc0 lo0"
ifconfig_de0="DHCP"
ifconfig_dc0="inet 10.10.10.1 netmask 255.255.255.0"
.
.
ipfilter_enable="YES"
ipnat_enable="YES"
..

(let me know if that's not enough info on the rc.conf file.

When i ping anything except a local interface, I get a "ping: send to:
No route to host".

Any suggestions on where to look to see what I've screwed up?

thanx,
k.

ps:  If and when I get this working properly, does anyone know if I'll
be able to pass a CheckPoint SecuRemote client thru the firewall??