Date:      Fri, 11 Dec 1998 19:36:05 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        gpsingh@mailcity.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec Cntrrl.

G.P. Singh wrote...
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I have a problem. Does FreeBSD 2.2.8/2.2.5 support Adaptec SCSI
> controller 7890 and Adptec AHA 2940U2W controllers.
> Because when i try to install FreeBSD , it says no Disks found, whereas
> BIOS reports all the disks connected.
> It is Dell Power Edge 2300.
>
> Since i am not the member of this mailing list. Pl. respond me directly
> at

The only released version of FreeBSD that supports the Adaptec 789x chips
is 3.0.

The 2.2.x series will not work with your machine, unless you get the 2.2
CAM snapshot that is in:

ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD/development/cam

3.0 is available here:

ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD/...

And also on CD from Walnut Creek (http://www.cdrom.com) and Cheap Bytes
(http://www.cheapbytes.com).