Date:      Thu, 30 Apr 1998 18:13:23 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A GUI greyscale interface by default

> I have thinked to that when I look around *moused* and when I read about
> a 1986 (I think) NeXT product: A 21" monitor greyscale with a fuly GUI
> interface.  I think it was sold more than 15 000 $!
>
> 10 year after that, Unix have no basic fast GUI interface...
> Well, maybe other Unix, I dont know

Argh, so DO something about it why don't you! Simply identifying the
lack of an easy-to-setup and use GUI interface in Unix is something
which people have been doing for years and is such an old topic that
it isn't even interesting anymore.  What would be far more interesting
would be an actual IMPLEMENTATION of an alternative GUI mechanism
and an explanation of how it wins over X.

So let us know when you've finished your proof-of-concept
implementation, OK? :-)

			       Jordan