Date:      Sat, 4 Sep 2010 23:40:09 GMT
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@bimajority.org>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/150235: sysutils/smartmontools build system bug

The following reply was made to PR ports/150235; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Garrett Wollman <wollman@bimajority.org>
To: Alex Samorukov <samm@os2.kiev.ua>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 19:29:27 -0400

 <<On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 15:29:46 +0200, Alex Samorukov <samm@os2.kiev.ua> said:

 > After code review i`m against this commit.
 > We are using /usr/src/sys/dev/ciss/cissio.h to denable ciss support.

 > This file is not in the source tree, so in case of removing it
 > smartmontools will build w/o cissio support.

 If it's not in the source tree, then it doesn't matter whether you
 -I/usr/src/sys or not -- it won't be included.

 If you mean to say it's not installed in /usr/include, then that's a
 bug and should be fixed in /usr/include/Makefile -- if it's a public
 interface.

 > I think that PR is a false at all - why do you need to have out-of-sync
 > source tree?

 Who said anything about "need"?  The build should work regardless of
 what the state of /usr/src is.  (In my particular case, I had done a
 binary upgrade from a different source tree, and hadn't yet had the
 need to update /usr/src, but it's still a bug in the port's build
 system.)

 -GAWollman