Date:      Thu, 24 Feb 2000 06:29:21 -0800
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        "Chutima S." <chutima_s@zdnetonebox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FWTK for SMTP

In message <20000224114310.PVOW28348.mta04.onebox.com@onebox.com>,
"Chutima S."
 writes:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm looking for tool for proxy smtp and pop3.  Many people suggest to
> use FWTK, so I read man page about smap, smapd, plug-gw from fwtk.  I
> understand that for smtp I can use plug-gw or smap&smapd.  Is there any
> security topic for me to choose them.  And for pop3 I plan to use plug-gw.

This question was asked a number of years ago either here or BUGTRAQ.
The answer given was that FWTK's smap did not have any anti-spam
facility.  I'm not sure whether it has change or not.  If it has not,
you may want to check out the smtpd port in the ports collection.  It
does the same function as smap using a similar process, and it has an
anti-spam facility.

Team Leader, Sun/DEC Team   Internet:  Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca
UNIX Group, ITSD, ISTA
Province of BC