Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 1996 17:40:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      Neil Bradley <root@synthcom.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: DOS File system fixes

On Mon, 8 Jan 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > This results in crap being written out to the "phantom" locations as if
> > it were a bigger disk.
> Yep!  This is the biggest #1 problem we need to fix.

I can imagine other problems cropping up as well.

I can say that I definitely would like to help. My background and
experiences are with the 386 CPU, C, DOS, and firmware development for
various motherboards. I have enough FreeBSD experience to get everything
I need up and running (including recompiling and configuring kernels) but
I have very little raw Unix programming experience.

If someone can guide me through the workings of the DOSFS interfaces to
Unix, I most likely can figure out the rest of the operations. Is there
someone out there willing to help me if I get stuck, or can slap my hand
when I do something wrong? I really do want to learn this stuff and help.

What I'd basically need is:

* A list of the known problems
* Where it's located in the build tree
* Who can mentor me in the Unix environment. ;-)

Thanks!

-->Neil

Synthcom System's homepage:                         http://www.synthcom.com/
Europa Upgrade, Synth patches (D-50, Xpander/Matrix 12), used gear pricelist