Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2001 07:14:44 -0800
From:      "Philip J. Koenig" <pjklist@ekahuna.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   4.4-Release install hangs

I have a system here I'm trying to install 4.4-Release on, and it
keeps hanging during the initial boot at the same place - right after
it probes the serial/parallel ports.  Can someone tell me what piece
of hardware is likely the problem here?  Must be something it's
probing?

This is an ASUS P2-L97 (440 LX chipset) board with embedded Adaptec
SCSI. (Booting from an ATAPI CDROM)

Thanks,

Phil

--
Philip J. Koenig                                       pjklist@ekahuna.com
Electric Kahuna Systems -- Computers & Communications for the New Millenium