Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2001 16:06:57 +0100
From:      Oliver Cook <ollie@uk.clara.net>
To:        Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: open (vfs_syscalls.c:994) && NFS

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 03:59:35PM +0100, Ian Dowse wrote:
> In message <20010425154034.A38996@mutare.noc.clara.net>, Oliver Cook writes:
> >There are three processes stuck in vmopar. I include the backtrace
> >of one of these below.

> A workaround for this problem went into 4-stable at the end of last
> October, so upgrading to a more recent -stable will stop these
> hangs. As noted in the archived -hackers message I mentioned, there
> is another related problem that still exists, but it seems to occur
> much less frequently.

We shall have to look into upgrading to 4.2 or 4.3 in this case.
The server that those traces were from is currently running 4.0

However, the more noticeable problem was the processes stuck in
nfsvin because of the broken directory entry. Have you any ideas
as to what would be causing that particular problem which is
plaguing our servers more than the vmopar problem?

Thanks for your assistance in this matter so far.

Ollie

--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, ClaraNET
ollie@uk.clara.net      020 7903 3000 ext. 291