Date:      Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:34:03 +1000
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How Can I Clean Up Files That Don't Exist?

Drew Tomlinson wrote:

> Thank you and Norberto for your replies.
np :)

> Your explanations make sense
> for most cases but I don't think it applies to mine.  This is a small
> home system and the only mail users are myself and my wife.  Thus I had
> the luxury of stopping courier-imap and trying tar again.  Same errors.

- are the "missing" files the same every time you run the script / tar ?
- what does
ls -la ./<user>/Maildir/.Trash/cur/

show?

- could it be the fact that those file names contain : ? i dont think
so, but it's worth giving it a try. If it is, u may want to check if
it's a tar problem or a shell problem, in which case u may be able to
change the default list delimiter to see if it makes any difference (i
dont see why it $IFS would affect this..but )

let us know how it goes,
Beto