Date:      Sat, 25 May 2002 19:38:07 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Cyrille Lefevre <cyrille.lefevre@laposte.net>
To:        freebsd standards <freebsd-standards@FreeBSD.org>, Jens Schweikhardt <schweikh@FreeBSD.org>, "Tim J. Robbins" <tjr@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   POSIX ps

Hi,

I've just discovered the FreeBSD C99 & POSIX Conformance Project.

so, I inform you that I've a conformant `ps' I've done last year,
but I've not checked yet if everything is really conformant. the
switch between the BSD and the SUSV2 syntax (in the time I've made
it) is done by the existance of the SUSV2 environment variable or
-B / -V switches. also, lists handling is now done using queue(3).

ex.:

# /usr/src/bin/ps.new/ps -?
usage: ps [-aBCfhjlmrSTuvVwx] [-O|-o fmt] [-p pidlist] [-t ttylist]
          [-U userlist] [-M core] [-N system] [-W swap]
       ps [-L]
# SUSV2=1 /usr/src/bin/ps.new/ps -?
usage: ps [-AaBdefjl] [-C cmdlist] [-g pgrplist] [-G grouplist] [-o fmt]
          [-p pidlist] [-t ttylist] [-u userlist] [-U userlist]
          [-m core] [-n system] [-w swap]

addr args c comm etime group l rgroup s stime have been added to -L.

also, last month, I've worked a lot on `sh' to make use of getopt(3),
instead of the internal `nextopt' (`argptr' is no longer required),
in all builtins which may be `getopt' compliant such as `echo', etc.
plus some enhancements such as adding an usage string to all builtins
which may have one, etc. and some code cleanup to make it more
style(9) compliant. `expr', `getopt' (the old one) and `line'
builtins have been added. /bin/echo and the builtin `echo' are now
the same (bltin/echo is no more needed). I've also integrated some
NetBSD fixes.

in the time I'm writting this message, I don't remember all of the
changes I've done. the code need to be checked first and I'll make
a report about all of them. please, be patient.

I'm just asking you to be marqued as `Responsible' of the `ps'
project if nobody object it.

also, I need to get in touch w/ Tim J. Robbins about `sh' change
we both made to avoid duplicated work (humm! my fault :).

Cyrille.
--
Cyrille Lefevre                 mailto:cyrille.lefevre@laposte.net