Date:      01 Apr 2003 13:58:54 -0500
From:      "Brandon S. Allbery " KF8NH <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
To:        Dan Naumov <dan.naumov@ofw.fi>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Setting make options permanently (WITHOUT_GNOME, etc)

On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 06:13, Dan Naumov wrote:
> 2) Is it possible to somehow permanently set some of those variables so
> that I wouldn't have to do that manually every time I want to update a
> port ?

Check out MAKE_ARGS in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf.  Only useful with
portupgrade, but then portupgrade makes upgrading ports much less
annoying in general....

I would also expect that simply dropping e.g. "WITHOUT_GNOME = yes" into
/etc/make.conf would do the trick, although I find pkgtools.conf more
useful because it can be done per port.

--
brandon s allbery [openafs/solaris/japh/freebsd] allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator [linux/heimdal/too many hats] allbery@ece.cmu.edu