Date:      Sun, 15 Mar 1998 18:09:00 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Jordan Blanchard <averix@flare.dynip.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, "Chris D." <root@flare.dynip.com>
Subject:   Re: looking for a NNTP Server program

On Sat, 14 March 1998 at 23:57:22 -0600, Jordan Blanchard wrote:

> Ok Thanks.. Another quick question.. the system I'm on only has a 33.6
> connection to the internet at the moment, is that enough bandwidth to run
> a news server ok,

That depends on how much news you want to transfer and what else
you're doing with the link.  It'll certainly transfer a whole lot more
news than you'll be prepared to read.

> and if yes, were can I get one that will run on a freeBSD system?

A 33.6 kb/s link?  Any street corner, I would have thought.  You might
like to read my book "The Complete FreeBSD", second edition
(http://www.cdrom.com/titles/os/bsdbook2.htm), which will give you all
the information you need on Internet connections, but not on news.

Greg