Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 18:20:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dru <genisis@istar.ca>
To:        Tom Parquette <tparquet@twcny.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Shell script question

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Tom Parquette wrote:
<snip>

> P.S.  If anybody knows of a "FreeBSD shell scripts for Dummies" can you
> point me at it?  Thanks...

I had a helluva time tracking down good newbie resources when I was
learning shell scripting, but these were the URLs I started with:

Shelldorado:

http://www.oase-shareware.org/shell/

And two general link sites, YMMV:

http://www.ling.helsinki.fi/users/reriksso/unix/#shell

http://www.shellscripts.com/links.html

There seems to be a lot of stuff out there for Bash, but I started with
Bourne as I heard that it was the language of choice for scripts; I'm
sure the gurus will correct me if I'm wrong. I then discovered the
addictiveness of Perl, but that's another story. If you ever want to give
Perl a whirl, I have a huge bookmark collection of Perl resources.

Dru