Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:10:15 GMT
From:      Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@fantomas.sk>
To:        perl@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/108934: mail/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin: spamassassin uses /var/lib/spamassassin directory but /var/lib doesn't exist on FreeBSD

The following reply was made to PR ports/108934; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@fantomas.sk>
To: Michael Scheidell <scheidell@secnap.net>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:46:45 +0100

 On 14.03.07 08:32, Michael Scheidell wrote:
 > I have tested SpamAssassin on 4.11, 5.3,5.4 and 5.5,   installs,
 > reinstalls and portsupgrade.
 >
 > I don't have a /var/lib directory and SpamAssassin works fine.
 >
 > Please explain when, where, and what fails with your spamassassin port.
 >
 > If it is difficult to duplicate, please include exact steps, step by
 > step needed to duplicate the error.

 run sa-update. It will create
 /var/lib/spamassassin/<version>/updates_spamassassin_org/ directory, where
 it puts updated rules, if it founds them. spamassassin and spamd later check
 these rules instead of those in /usr/local/share/spamassassin/50_scores.cf

 You may need older installation of spamassassin to verify this, I'm not sure
 that 3.1.8 has some updates, but I was able to update rules for 3.1.7 at
 least twice.

 Quantum mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.