Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 21:56:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@kot.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        des@flood.ping.uio.no (Dag-Erling Smorgrav)
Cc:        doconnor@gsoft.com.au, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: latest -current doesn't execute BSDI-binary bladeenc

=> >  The bug is on the web site, not in the kernel.

I'd consider the web-site a "spec" and the kernel -- "implementation".
By this logic, the kernel needs fixing...

=> >  David Greenman committed a patch to better support large memory
=> >  configurations. Unfortunately, it seems this was not possible to
=> >  achieve without breaking BSDI compatibility.
=>
=> Would it be feasable to have an option to switch between the two?
=
=Probably. I was just about to investigate this possibility.

It should definitly be on automaticly if the memory configuration
is not large, if you ask me...

	-mi