Date:      Thu, 2 Nov 2000 10:19:26 -0500
From:      "Passki, Jonathan P" <jpasski@kpmg.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   kernel compile stop error w/ references to _init & _fini

Hello All,

After cvsup'n source a couple days ago for the 4.1.1 branch, and after doing
a make world last night w/o a reboot, I attempted to recompile the kernel,
but was unsuccessful, and it ended abruptly w/ a Stop Error.  Here's the
last amount of info I wrote down:

cc -0 -pipe -nostdinc -I/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/NOVA/../../.. -I.
-I/usr/include
-c /usr/src/sys/dev/aic7xxx/aicasm/aicasm_symbol.c
cc -0 -pipe -nostdinc -I/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/NOVA/../../.. -I.
-I/usr/include
-o aicasm aicasm_gram.o aicasm_scan.o aicasm.o aicasm_symbol.o -ll
/usr/lib/crtbegin.o: In function '_init':
/usr/lib/crtbegin.o(.init+0x0): multiple definition of '_init'
/usr/lib/crti.o (.init+0x0): first defined here
/usr/lib/crtbegin.o: In function '_fini':
/usr/lib/crtbegin.o(.fini+0x0): multiple definition of '_fini'
/usr/lib/crti.o (.fini+0x0): first defined here

And then the Stop Errors soon after.  This isn't a pure verbatim screen
shot, so I might have retyped something wrong.  I do have an Adaptec 2490U2W
SCSI-PCI host card, w/ an 18G LVD drive.  I haven't ever had this problem w/
the hardware since 3.4, but I've added more PCI devices since then.  Does
anyone know where the root to this error is, and perhaps steps I could try
to resolve it?

Thanks,

Jon
is unauthorized.