Date:      Tue, 26 Apr 2005 17:20:58 -0600
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        "Andreev, Pavel" <pavel.andreev@novavox.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: failed to make jdk1.5

On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 08:14:09PM +0400, Andreev, Pavel wrote:
>  I'm trying to make jdk 1.5 on 5.3-RELEASE-p9 #0
> platform from ports and got the following:
>
> < cut >
>
> cast to java.lang.Object for a varargs call
> cast to java.lang.Object[] for a non-varargs call and to suppress this
> warning
>             result = meth.invoke(instance,null);
>                                           ^
> ../../../src/share/classes/com/sun/jmx/mbeanserver/MBeanInstantiatorImpl
> .java:162: warning: non-varargs call of varargs method with inexact
> argument type for last parameter;
> cast to java.lang.Object for a varargs call
> cast to java.lang.Object[] for a non-varargs call and to suppress this
> warning
>             moi= cons.newInstance(null);
>                                   ^
> Note: * uses or overrides a deprecated API.
> Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
> Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
> Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
> 21 errors
> 12 warnings
> gmake[3]: *** [.compile.classlist] Error 1
> gmake[3]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/j2se/make/java/java'
> gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 1
> gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/j2se/make/java'
> gmake[1]: *** [all] Error 1
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/java/jdk15/work/j2se/make'
> gmake: *** [j2se-build] Error 2
> *** Error code 2
>
>  The question is how to compile it as mentioned above or what is the
> right way to make jdk 1.5 run on 5.3?

It should just compile.  Can you provide me with the full output of
the build?  Its probably pretty large, so its probably better to just
sent it to me rather than the whole list.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org