Date:      Fri, 28 Dec 2001 12:40:47 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Andrew Gordon <arg-bsd@arg1.demon.co.uk>
To:        David Hedley <david@inty.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: ifpi2 problems

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, David Hedley wrote:

> > The failure state is as if interrupts from the card have become disabled:
> > the ppp process is still running and eventually times out the connection
> > and attempts to redial, but isdnd thinks that the connection is in use,
> > and if I make a voice call to the line, ISDND doesn't report anything.
> > Only a reboot seems to clear the latched up state.
>
> Hmm, well this probably doesn't help, but we've been testing the v2 Fritz
> card using Gary's drivers for a while now and haven't hit any major problems
> like this (this is with 4.4 and i4b from -stable).

Interesting.  I have a suspicion (but with no evidence whatsoever!) that
my problem is down to being a much slower machine.

> What happens if you just restart isdnd? I occasionally see problems when
> user-ppp and isdnd stop talking to each other (ppp will be trying to dial
> out but isdnd won't respond for some reason), although this always goes away
> when isdnd is restarted.

I tried restarting isdnd, but it didn't help.

I eventually gave up trying to fix it on-site, and have brought all the
equipment home again.  I will have another go at debugging later today.