Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 2004 23:14:11 -0800
From:      sp0ng3b0b <sp0ng3b0b@sbcglobal.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with nge driver on FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE i386

I am continuing to have problems with the nge driver on FreeBSD
5.3-RELEASE. I have already posted the necessary information. In
summary, the OS panics and dies when there is any traffic load on the
nic. I have experienced this on IDS systems that are just monitoring AND
just recently on 2 file/web servers.

I have a few questions:

1. What changed in FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE that is causing the nge to crash
the OS? Can it be changed back? 5.2.1 worked without crashing.

2. How can I get some attention to this problem? I am not the only
person having this problem. I've posted a few messages and have not
recieved ANY response.

3. Is this the right list for this question? If it is, how do I get some
visibility on this?

So far, my only workaround is to run OpenBSD 3.6. I *could* roll back to
5.2.1 but that's ignoring the problem.

Thanks for whatever help anyone can provide.
If you want me to repost the panic message, I can.