Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 1998 11:49:07 +0200
From:      "Theo Kuijpers" <username@euronet.be>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   2.2.7 and PCI

Hi there,

I've got a strange problem :

I just upgraded from 2.2.6 to 2.2.7 without any problems. When using the
GENERIC kernel all my
PCI devices (currently only a 3c900 card) are detected
and assigned a driver.

When I use a custom kernel  (a propper one with the
right devices etc.) it doesn't assign any driver
to the PCI devices .. it detects the card as an PCI device (ethernet) but it
reports [no driver assigned].

As well I used all possible BIOS settings (AMIBIOS)
PnP OS / BIOS settings etc. To make sure it wasn't a
hardware problem I changed the slot where I put the card and I even switched
cards.

Could anyone please help me out.

Thanx,

Theo Kuijpers