Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 2000 00:23:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      Qiang Xu <qiang_xu@mail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   I can not mount the second HD---- a strange problem

Dear Sir/Madam:

      I try to add another HD to my PC. I use Dell Optiplex GMT+ 5133, the two HDs are Western Digital Caviar 2850. I met some strange problem.
       When I use one as master one as slave, I can see both of them by "dmesg". There are ad0 and ad1. But when I try to use /stand/sysinstall ---> configure ---> fdisk there always some block reading error, and only can see ad0.
        In fact I have ever set up a FreeBSD on each HD, but the file system is full, I need more space so I need 2 HD.
        Also if I use only each one of the 2 HDs, I can boot to FreeBSD normally. This means the 2 HDs are OK. So I don't know why?

        Could some one give me some adive?

       Oh, by the way I can work well on other PC by using one Western Digital Caviar 2850 HD & one Seagat HD. Does this mean two Western Digital Caviar 2850 cannot work well together?

     Thanks!

   Xu,Qiang