Date:      Sat, 20 Feb 1999 18:13:54 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Douglas K. Rand" <rand@meridian-enviro.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        jmrueda@diatel.upm.es
Subject:   Two ISA Intel EtherExpress Pro/10+ cards

I'm having difficulity getting an old 486 (EISA) to work with two
Intel EtherExpress Pro/10+ cards.

If I configure the port and irq by hand:

  device ex0 at isa? port 0x300 net irq  5 vector exintr
  device ex1 at isa? port 0x360 net irq 10 vector exintr

I get this when booting:

  ex0 at 0x300-0x30f irq 5 on isa
  ex0: Intel EtherExpress Pro/10, address 00:90:27:2a:eb:f8, connector TPE
  ex1: WARNING: board's EEPROM is configured for IRQ 0, using 10
  ex1 at 0x360-0x36f irq 10 on isa
  ex1: Intel EtherExpress Pro/10, address 00:90:27:3a:16:26, connector TPE

But I've verified with Intel's softset2.exe program that the
configuration of the second card is port 0x360 and irq10. The first
card works just fine, but the second one looks like it works (ifconfig
works) but broken packets show up on the network; my EtherPeek sniffer
says whare are supposed to be arp requests are LSP-0x27 packets.

I've tried various combinations of letting the ex driver probe for the
configurations, but in all of my tries ex0 works but ex1 is either not
found or conflicts with ex0:

  device ex0 at isa? port? net irq? vector exintr
  device ex1 at isa? port 0x360 net irq? vector exintr

produces:
  ex1: invalid IRQ.
  ex1 not found at 0x360

And trying to auto probe both shows:

  device ex0 at isa? port? net irq? vector exintr
  device ex1 at isa? port? net irq? vector exintr

  ex0 at 0x300-0x30f irq 5 on isa
  ex0: Intel EtherExpress Pro/10, address 00:90:27:3a:16:26, connector TPE
  ex1 at 0x300-0x30f irq 5 on isa
  ex1 not attached due to I/O address conflict with ex0 at 0x300

Any suggestions would be appreciated.