Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 16:43:11 -0500
From:      hawk <hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: browsers [was: Re: linux-netscape6 gives segmentation fault??

mike mentioned,

> > Cookie handling is *much* better than anything else out there.

> I seriously doubt that; unfortunately, the best thing I've seen for
> cookie handling (and about a dozen other things) I've run into doesn't
> run on PC hardware.

ANy cookie gets a response of Y/A/N/V (and something else, i think)
for Yes/Always/No/Never accept cookies from the domain, as well as
accept and reject domains in the config file.

> I use w3m pretty much the same way you use lynx. I switched when the
> lynx port was marked broken for security reasons. w3m has two
> advantages over the lynx I was using at the time: 1) table & frame
> rendering is better; 2) it has three external browsers. So I have one
> that launches an xterm running w3m like you do; one that launches
> netscape, and one that adds the link to my hotlist. The downside - no
> numbered links :-(.

I've toyed with patching lynx for the extra browser . . . and it already
has its bookmarks like your hotlist.

I tried w3m for a few days, and it drove me nuts.  I didn't run across
any tables on anything I wanted to see that displayed well in 80 columns.

And it was just to fragile and easy to bomb out of . . .

hawk