Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 13:46:17 -7
From:      "Jim McIver" <jmciver@lmtribune.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   directory

Downloaded a couple of *.tar files from the FreeBSD webpage.

Extract with the tar -xvf command and they created the following
directory:
/pub/FreeBSD/branches/-current/ports/misc/......

Anyway, I'm unable to cd into the -current directory to run the
makefile. How do I cd to a -minus directory?

man pages indicate I can remove a directory and it's contents, but to
see the rm(1) command.

When I try to do a "man rm(1)" it won't work either.

Any suggestions?

Jim McIver
Systems Technician
Lewiston Morning Tribune