Date:      Mon, 13 Aug 2007 09:16:23 +0200
From:      "Johan Hendriks" <Johan@double-l.nl>
To:        "Pollywog" <lists-fbsd@shadypond.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: ldap server and client conflicts, with Postfix and Courier in the mix

Pollywog wrote:
>> I want to install the LDAP server but it complains that it conflicts =
with LDAP=20
>> client:
>>=20
>> =3D=3D=3D>  openldap-server-2.3.37 conflicts with installed =
package(s):
>>       openldap-client-2.3.37
>>=20
>> However, attempting to remove the client to make room for the server =
results=20
>> in another complaint:
>>=20
>> pkg_delete: package 'openldap-client-2.3.37' is required by these =
other=20
>> packages
>> and may not be deinstalled:
>> courier-authlib-ldap-0.59.3
>> postfix-2.4.5,1

>I think the conflict is mostly a question of the order things were=20
>installed. When you install the server then it also installs the client =

>side which it can't because it's already there. But, ofcourse, these=20
>should not conflict.

>This c(sh)ould be solved by deinstalling the listed packages and =
install=20
>the server, then the reinstall the remaining packages.

>Alternatively, you can force deinstall the client or simply override =
the=20
>warning.

>Cheers, Erik

I think you have sasl2 support enabled for the server
Make config will tell you if it is.
If so it will try to install the sasl2 openldap client which will =
install the files in the same place as openldap-client without sasl2 =
support.

Remove the sasl2 option from the openldap-server port and do the =
install, or delete the openldap-client port and install the open =
openldap-server port.

Regards,
Johan=20

--=20