Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 19:02:10 -0800
From:      "Scott Raymond" <scott@link-net.com>
To:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Problems with IPFW patch

Not at all.  I had planned on recompiling the kernel.  I have
kern.securelevel set to 2, so I need to reboot to single user mode in
order to do the make isntallworld.  So I saw the same ipfw errors he did
when I rebooted.  After the kernel recompile was done, the errors went
away.  I did the cvsup update because I saw the update posted to the
list.  I also recalled that firewalling support is in the kernel itself,
so the make world had to be accompanied by a kernel recompile.

--
Scott