Date:      Thu, 24 Jan 2002 08:40:06 -0900
From:      Beech Rintoul <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>
To:        rene@xs4all.nl, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: email with qmail? or something else that's secure?

On Thursday 24 January 2002 02:23 am, rene@xs4all.nl wrote:
> I've taken the big dip into mailhandling, and definately don't want to run
> something monolithic as sendmail. I've sorta chosen qmail on good faith and
> after seeing it's nicely compartimentalized (main reason)..
>
> however, now that I read the install manuals, it seems to deviate from
> standards quite a whole lot.
>
> my question: is this a problem, and if so, what are my alternatives?
> I've heard of postfix, but haven't look at it in detail yet.
>
> my demands for my mail-handling software are in order of priority
> * reliability
> * security
> * Maildir support

Postfix! It's very easy to configure, but will handle large volumes with no
problems. FreeBSD.org uses postfix, that should tell you something.

Cheers,

Beech
     Beech Rintoul - IT Manager - Instructor - akbeech@anchoragerescue.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Anchorage Gospel Rescue Mission
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | P.O. Box 230510
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Anchorage, AK 99523-0510