Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 1996 23:09:31 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        peter@freebsd.org
Subject:   Whither gcc 2.7?

GCC 2.7 doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon, so is there any
reason Peter can't update our sources to 2.7.2, and then we can get the
x86 patches and apply them locally until 2.7.2.1 or whatever is
released?

It would be nice to get the new compiler in the tree so folks can start
fixing all the bugs/warnings it now shows us, and the longer we wait on
it the less time we'll have to do it.

I understand a developer could install it on their local box, but it
would be nicer to have a long shakeout time with the new compiler.

Nate