Date:      Sat, 6 Jul 1996 20:15:24 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Joel Yancey <python@cia-g.com>
To:        Henry Spencer <henry@zoo.toronto.edu>
Cc:        "Jacob M. Parnas" <jparnas@jparnas.cybercom.net>, Richard Foulk <richard@pegasus.com>, hardware@freebsd.org, bsdi-users@bsdi.com
Subject:   Re: cable vs. ISDN

All this talk about Cable modems. i Really dont think there such a great
idea.
Think about this:
(btw: this comment is not to spark an arguement, but point out why i
dilike the idea)
well, First Off,if cable modems were around, ISP's wouldnt be, because
the Cable company has taken over the business. plus, they CLAIM everyone
will have 10mbps per house hold, well, considering that theres not thaty
much bandwidth to waste for a bunch of web browsing crowd, and they say
that there will only be 128k recieve, but 10mbps send. now thats strange.

*I* myself, dont like that opinion, because the cable company doesnt
really know what a computer system is all about, and i dont like the fact
that then they would have a monopoly.

See YA,
Joel Yancey